The Union Hill Elementary School District was established in 1868, with only a few students in a one-room schoolhouse.
Since that time the district has grown to over 700 students which includes the Bearcat Discovery Preschool, TK-6 Elementary Charter School, Union Hill Middle School, and the Bearcat Discovery Program, which is the district’s before and after school program for preschool through eighth grade. The district’s schools are all housed on the same beautiful campus enabling seamless transitions from one school to the next as students progress to eighth grade. Dedicated and professional staff work closely together to create a cohesive bearcat family and provide a school environment that symbolizes its rich history and tradition.
Our Core Values:
- We focus on our students. Every conference, meeting, exchange, problem/solution is characterized by the quality of genuine caring about what is best for our students. Our success is measured by the success of our students.
- We listen, respect, and include each other in our “educational” lives. We work as a team and know that issues often have more than one side. We handle controversy, deliberations, teaching, problem solving and future thinking with real care for the students and each other.
- We recognize and celebrate the talents and contributions of our staff. We observe and appreciate the hard work of our teachers, support staff, custodians, office personnel, and administrators.
- We are a welcoming, friendly, and open community. We take pride in our entire learning environment from classrooms and student safety to buildings and grounds. We value our parents and community as essential partners in the learning processes necessary for student success.
- We are proud of our ability to offer individualized attention and continuity of program to our students in a Pre-school to Eighth Grade setting. We function as an effective school system, a model for what the best in public education can be.
Adopted by the Union Hill School Board, June 2002